Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mother's Day inspiration

 Here is some Mothers Day inspiration.
First I share with you a tag I made
with dies of the ideology line by Tim Holtz.
 The background is embossed with a sizzix folder
that I painted with vintage photo distress stain before
embossing. Than I also added some new distress inked
squeezed lemonade and copper perfect pearl mist.

I cut the body with sewing sewing room,
embossed it, added some versamark and 
sprinkled a little white embossing poder on it
and used my heat gun.

The body is decorated with a Michael Strong
mini cloisonné flower embossed in cold and 
a button from the sewing room die.
Also I cut scissor and button with sizzix sewing edge
out of grunge board. Colored the scissor with
weathered wood distress stain and rock candy
stickles on top. Fastend it with a brad on the tag.

Banners decorated with a printed sentiment and
stapled to the tag.
All completed with ribbons on top and 
a cute little wooden spool and asewing
machine charm.

Here is an  another card. This can easily be
used as a gift card and is very easy to make.
I found this as a free printable card here:

 If you go for easy and quick,
you follow the instructions on the link above 
and you have a quick card.

I had to make it a little more personal and
After cutting out the card, you have 4 corners left of
the backside paper and this is perfect to stamp
the 4 flowers.
 I ambossed them in white, gold, copper and black.
The heart is a gemstone,
Here you see the inside of the card and
also here the flower stamp is used. With vintage photo
I distressed the border of the card and stamped
the flower all around.
 This is the backside of the card.

Hope all your Mom's have a wonderful day!

Have a creative day!


7 comments:

Scrappin' Stacy said...

Beautiful tag and card. I have yet to get the sewing die, but your tag may have inspired me to run out and purchase it!

Barbara said...

Fantastic projects and full of ideas I can use!

Shelly Hickox said...

Beautiful cards, Hetty! Love the way you used Tim's dies and embossing folders. I guess I need the sewing border now! It's one of the few I don't have.

Marjie Kemper said...

Hetty, these are so beautiful! I love the base of the tag with the stains/embossing... it looks incredibly rich. And the card's a stunner. Happy crafting!

Angela said...

Beautiful tag, Hetty!

Laura said...

Hetty, love both of your Mother's day creations!!! Thanks so much for the great ideas!! I especially like your tags...my mom taught me to sew!!!

marsha said...

These are just gorgeous! I love the vintage look!
Hugs,
Marsha