Saturday, May 9, 2015

Tim Holtz tag for May: Coffee!!

This month I want to be in time to post my
tag for the 12 tags of 2012 on 

You find the original tag and technique
tutorial HERE.

When I was sitting at my desk and thinking of what
to make I found these items on my desk. Ha, you say:
of course there was a coffee cup on he desk!
I could not resist making another coffee tag.
The coffee cup is by Michael Strong.

I started with Tim Holtz coffee ring stencil 
for the background.I added the texture paste and
went shopping, to let the past dry.

When I came back it was dry and with some
stamping ink and distress paint I colored the coffee rings.

Now look what else i have here and there on my desk.
You think I can use this for the tag? Coffee rings (Club Scrap),
rosette (Tim Holtz die), coffeebean embossed papers, woodsie
and buttons. Look below how i shifted and added the elements
on the tag. I used hot glue to fasten some of the elements
to the burlap background.
So I added the picture of the couple into the coffee cup.
The circle tands for a coockie with the coffee.
the sentiment created "2 love coffee"  with the number,
the ticket and the woodsie, can have 2 meanings
and I like it that way.Pick your choice.

At the bottom the rosette takes the place of the flowers 
you see on Tim's tag and I added a little silver spoon
in the place of the buttons.
 Yeah, another coffee inspirated project. 

Thanks for looking.


Have a creative day!







1 comment:

Joyce Spear said...

WOW! I don't usually appreciate tags, but this one I had to stop and look at for a long time. Love your choice of elements and the arrangement, and your play on words is so much fun! Really nice work, Hetty!